The second race in the 2017-18 series is coming up this Sunday – the Winter Magic 5k+ at Lowell Lake State Park in Londonderry VT. All the race info can be found by following the link but here are a few reminders:
- print out a copy of the registration form and bring it with you to save time that morning – the form also has all the race info on it
- parking, registration, and facilities are at Magic Mountain Ski Area, 495 Magic Mountain Access, Londonderry VT. Shuttles will run from 9 -10:30 AM to take runners to the race site – leave enough time to catch the shuttle.
- there is no runner parking at the race site – you MUST take the shuttle from Magic Mountain. Running or walking on Route 11 between Magic Mountain and the race site is very dangerous – the state permit to use the race site requires participants to take the shuttle.
- while the forecast for Sunday is warmer than it is for Saturday, it’s still going to be pretty cold, so bring a dry bag with extra clothing for after the race – depending on when you finish you might have to wait a few minutes for the shuttle to get back. There may be a heated tent to make the wait more comfortable but best to be prepared.
- if you need to rent snowshoes (limited supply) contact RD Mike Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org or 845-978-9705 ahead of time to reserve a pair
- smile and have fun – remember, you paid to do this to yourself!